Sunday, November 1, 2015

Currently *November 2015*

Holy cow, it's NOVEMBER! To kick off the month, I am linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for November's CURRENTLY.


Have you heard Ryan Adam's cover of Taylor Swift's 1989 album? It is FANtastic, and perfect background music when I'm working in my classroom. It's moody and beautiful and classic Ryan, just singing about cherry lips and crystal skies.

I am LOVING that my lil' 11-year old beagle, Napoleon, is HEALTHY again! We had a scare a couple of weeks ago, but after some tests, it turned out he just had giardia. Yup. Giardia. Who knew dogs could get giardia?!? I thought is was just people who didn't boil their water when camping... No more drinking out of dirty puddles, please, Napoleon...


I'm thinking about PIRATES for a couple of reasons. One, I finally bought the book Teach Like a Pirate, which is all about increasing student engagement and motivation. Anybody out there read it? Second, my friends are flying to DISNEYLAND in a few weeks for a girls weekend. Disneyland makes me so happy, happy, HAPPY, but I just gotta see if I can work it out with my finances (especially considering I just found out the TPT conference next summer is LITERALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF DISNEYWORLD!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! SO AWESOME!!!).

I'm needing to clean the house and fold clothes. Blah. Don't have anything more to say about that.

Finally, I have been trying out Blue Apron meals for a little while now, and last night's Korean Spicy Chicken wings were Ah-MAZE-ing!! Wish I had some leftovers to eat right now...

That's all for now, folks. Happy Sunday!!!

Jenny :)

6 comments:

  1. OK, you have me wanting to hear Ryan Adams now. I'm gonna find the album and take a listen. Your beagle Napoleon is ADORABLE. I'm glad he is feeling better. I haven't read the book Teach Like a Pirate, but it sounds worth checking out. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy your little furbaby is feeling better! I have 2 myself and I know what it's like when they aren't feeling well. Teach Like a Pirate is on my list to read this year, hope you like it!

    Bryce
    The Teaching Texan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy your puppy is feeling better! I can not believe the TpT conference is in Orlando next year! I live 3 hours away but I will be in NYC that week! UGH!! Hope you can make it! Disney World is one of my favorite places! Great blog!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do Blue Apron too! We just do it every other week, but I always look forward to cooking with my husband.

    Sarah
    Years That Ask Questions

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the BEST blog name I have ever seen. Captain Plan-it. A combination of a good pun and excellent 90s programming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made my DAY, Rachel! When our powers unite... HA!!! So fun!!! :)

      Delete