Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Currently July 2015

Hey look, it's my first "Currently" linky party with Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade!



Listening - I have been having way too much fun with Spotify. I listen to it literally every day, and lately I've been super into 80's emotional ballads. Some of my current faves are: Starship's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" and Roxette's "It Must Have Been Love." Songs these days just don't have the earnest emotion like they did in the decade of my birth. :)

Loving - I just finished reading the children's chapter book Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz. It's beautifully written, as well as creepy and weird, and I can totally see it becoming a movie. I'm trying to decide if the creepiness would make it a wicked read-aloud for my 5th graders....or if I would just give them all nightmares. :) Check it out:


Thinking - I'm headed to VEGAS on Sunday morning! I can't wait to fangirl out over meeting some of my teacher idols, as well as learn a whole lot about being a teacherpreneur! I'm also hoping to hop over to the Grand Canyon while I'm out there - yes!!!


Wanting - I've been cross-stitching since I was little, and have started to pick up the habit here and there again. Etsy has the BEST cross-stitch patterns, and I'm trying to narrow down my next project. Gotta have something productive to do while I watch The Bachelorette, right? :)

Needing - I have been told business cards are a MUST to bring to the TPT Vegas Conference, and I have a super idea for cards that are crafty, fun, and memorable. Now I better get my act together and make them, 'cause I have just a few days! Ah, the thrill of the last minute!

All-Star - Um, I think I'M kind of an All-Star by joining this new gym membership thingy called ClassPass. Basically, you can use tons of different gyms and studios throughout town (up to 3 times a month each) for a pretty reasonable monthly fee (I got a 2-for-1 starter deal, too!). So far, I've done a couple of different "Gentle Yoga" classes, an AERIAL yoga class (I went upside-down!), and a cycling class (which was the hardest one by far, as evidenced by me barely being able to walk two days later). Since I haven't exercised very regularly since the 90's (oops), it's nice to join something that is motivating, because I keep getting to try new things, as well as good for me!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy July!!! Now head on back to Farley and continue the party!

:) Jenny

3 comments:

  1. I love your post. It was my first time linking up to do currently, I loved it so much fun to share what I'm working on. I hope you have a fun time in Vegas, I would really like to go. I love the idea of gym membership it would be fun to join a bunch of different gyms, I joined a gym this summer as well, I have loved going so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your yours! I'm for sure gonna follow you now! I think we're soul sistas! Maybe we'll meet in Vegas... I leave Tuesday and can't wait!!! I'm hooked on all those 80's power ballads too. If you could see me dancing around just now to White Snake's Here I Go Again lol!
    On the Go Teacher Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is your blog!! I'm glad to have found you through the Currently link up. :] I'm late to the game on business cards too! I hope you get them done in time. <3

    ReplyDelete